Time Strategies

Engineering in a nutshell

One of the biggest issues I have run into in my college career is time management, and I'm pretty happy this is being addressed. The two articles I picked out are: 3 Steps to Recapture Time , and 4 Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination. I picked these two, as they are very common and difficult problems. The first article offers some really good advice on making sure you have enough time to not feel stressed out and rushed every day. The second is tips on reducing how much you procrastinate.

I've had a couple years to work on my time management skills for college, but they can always be improved. This semester, I'm enrolled in 18 credit hours in addition to a couple extra-curricular leadership positions. This means that I'll need to stick to the schedule I have built for myself. The problem comes from the nature of some of my coursework. My capstone, for example, is project based, and there are deadlines, but these can wildly fluctuate and change at a moments notice, so I will need to ensure that I have built in enough time into my schedule each week so these fluctuations don't cause some terrible cascade effect. Luckily, I faced a very similar problem just last semester, and I feel I did pretty well at this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts