Feedback Thoughts



Self criticism can be very helpful for improving yourself, but too much of a good thing isn't always the best for you. We should definitely listen for criticisms from others on the quality of what we do, but, according to the article: Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head by Sabina Nawaz, "we need five positive voices for every one negative voice." This means that for every negative comment we receive, we need five positive ones in order to maintain a good work quality and performance.  This article details tricks finding those positive voices that already exist in our lives and using them to their fullest potential. Personally, I think this is an incredibly helpful guide on maintaining that positive mindset.

The other article, 6 Bad Mental Habits That Sabotage Your Success, has a similar focus on keeping a positive frame of mind while working. The six habits are: making excuses, catastrophizing the future, seeking audience approval, believing self doubt, putting yourself down, and second guessing yourself. These thoughts are what can undermine your ability to succeed in life. One that I have more experience with is second guessing. I've always been ready to doubt my own decisions as the correct course of action, and more often than not this has come back to bite me. In the past couple of years, I've started to go with my first approach to a problem, and I've improved my academic performance greatly.

Overall, it is my own belief that your should analyze your actions. This is especially important in my career field, as an oversight literally kills people. However, it is important to not get too carried away with double checks, as they can quickly become second guesses. The difference is the mindset that goes with them. Double checks are where you're looking for small mistakes like a flipped negative sign. Second guesses are where you begin to think you used the wrong formula entirely because you feel that your responsibilities exceed your competencies, even if that isn't true.

Image result for self doubt meme
My Favorite Meal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts