Favorite Place


For my favorite place, I picked somewhere I'd like to go. To live actually. When I think about my future, and where my career may lead me, I tend to go back to the same place again and again.

The city of Seattle has a great history, and many great places to visit. Located in the State of Washington, the weather doesn't get absurdly hot. It does, however, rain. Some might see the rain as a problem, but I'm a big fan of the rain and cold, so Seattle would seem to be the whole package. 
Seattle, Washington
(Wikimedia Commons)
What originally brought Seattle to my attention was it's proximity to the city of Redmond. Redmond may be a wholly unspectacular town, except that it is home to one of my favorite companies: Planetary Resources. As an aerospace engineer, my job prospects are rather limited, but, like everyone else, I too can have a dream job. And this is it. An asteroid mining company. So if I could live anywhere, it would be near Seattle, and I would be working in Redmond.

Comments

  1. Oh, I am a big fan of Seattle also, Geoff! When I was very little, we lived in Pullman, Washington... and Seattle was also a special treat! Now I am thinking you might just have to turn asteroid mining into a Storybook for this class... there's no reason why years in the future India could not be at the forefront of asteroid mining, and they would have some great names for their ships and equipment inspired by ancient mythology, no doubt! Did you see the legend or Rahu the Eclipse Demon in today's announcements...? :-)
    Rahu the Eclipse Demon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts