Reading Options



Exploring the class resources, I immediately found the music. It's pretty great to listen to while writing these blog posts. I'll probably be putting it on anytime I do the readings as well, just to zone out with the perfect background noise. It's also interesting how there are Indian versions of English productions.

After tuning in to the YouTube playlist, I started looking into the comic books. These seem pretty interesting if I ever get the time to go over and see the collection in the library.

By far, I have spent the most time looking through the image collection. I really like how there are actual paintings, but also photos of sculptures included in the collection. It's a nice sampling of the different depictions of stories with different media. I know we will be looking into Rama and Ravana at some point, so I spent a bit of time looking through the images concerning them, and one that caught my eye is below. I'm looking forward to learning this story, but also learning more about Ravana and why he has so many limbs. 

Rama and Ravana

I've bookmarked all three of these resources, because I know I can easily use them later in the semester. Additionally, I did spend a little time going over the plans for readings, and I'm really intrigued by the different versions of both the Mahabharata and the Ramayana. It's going to be neat looking at the differences in the versions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts