Famous Last Words: The beginning of the end

So this past week was really the first taste of the semester. More so than the few days and easy lectures that come with the first week of the semester. It's only just setting in that this is my last semester of college ever. I don't plan on coming back for an advanced degree, so this is truly it. Needless to say, it's been a long trip, but I'm finally getting close to the end.

As far as classes go, all but one of my classes seem pretty relaxing. I am a little tense about the expectations for my Aerospace Structures class, but I'm sure I can make that happen. My favorite class in engineering has to be my capstone. I'm loving this part of the semester because all of the parts we have ordered are coming in the mail so every single day is like Christmas; I am so ready to test some rocket nozzles. Outside of engineering, I like having this class to occupy me in my free time. It makes me feel productive when I can work in little bits on these blog posts. I had more fun than I thought I would re-writing that story, and it's just a neat experience.

For next week, I think I've got my schedule pretty well laid out, and I've been organizing with my friends to go to Himalayas restaurant in Moore. It's a pretty great Indian restaurant, with all kinds of different dishes, and some pretty great Naan.

And here's just a fun picture that I'm really excited about. It's a screenshot of one of our flow simulations for a rocket nozzle. The colors represent different Mach numbers for the air flowing through the nozzle. Red is approximately Mach 2, which is twice the speed of sound. I can't wait to make this a reality in a few weeks!

Flow Simulation, personal picture 

Comments

  1. Geoff, its really interesting seeing the shock diamonds form behind the exit, is this a rocket nozzle you plan on testing or just one for classwork? The Himalaya's restaurant is really good, my roommate and I make regular trips, he claims its the closest thing he gets to his mother's cooking while he is here at school. Is there any chance you would consider an advanced degree 5-10 years down the road, especially if a company offers to pay for it to advance your opportunities with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geoff, it feels pretty crazy being this close to the end of college, doesn't it? Your capstone project seems really cool, and I agree with you about this class being surprisingly fun and great way to occupy time. I've never been to Himalaya's, maybe I'll have to check it out sometime! Good luck on getting your stuff done in Capstone and in your Aero Structures class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts