Famous Last Words: A Change of Pace



So this week was a little bit busy for me, thus why most of my assignments were done Sunday night.... Mostly, this week has been a series of new ideas and changes of plans for me.

 In my capstone, a particular goal we had been heading towards was changed. I think ultimately it will be for the better, but it still feels a little bit sad to see some progress lost so quickly. We realized there were better alternatives that let us better focus on the science behind what we are doing, rather than dividing our effort towards several things. On the bright side, our test stand for the rocket nozzles is almost completed, with only a small amount of work remaining. Here's an image of what our stand is going to look like when it's all together:


On that same note of change, it seems that every organization I'm involved in is gearing up for elections already, and it's a lot to deal with as we try to find the best officers for next year. It feels especially strange since it is the last time I'll ever do this.

Next week, I plan to do more work well before the weekend comes around. I like having free time on Sunday nights, and everything piled up this week. If I can get the jump on it, I don't think that this will happen again. I'm wondering if I can't squeeze some more time out of Tuesday afternoon to do both the readings for this class, and move the story assignment to Wednesday instead of Thursday and try to keep things rolling a day back from when they're due. Of course, I've got a pretty intense assignment due for Aerospace structures due Friday, so I may need to due this out of necessity anyways.


Comments

  1. I hope for your sake that all the work gets done by Sunday night, unfortunately for myself at least I find that our Aerospace work is never done. It does sound like you have good plan going forward for managing the time spent on this class to accommodate the rest of your schedule. The test stand is looking good, is it regular steel or stainless?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts