Famous Last Words: Long Nights in the Shop



This past week has been a little better than last week. Rather than getting injured, I instead had a difficult exam, so I guess things have improved. I have also been spending an ungodly amount of time in the machine shop, making parts for my capstone. We have been running the CNC machines ragged to get all our parts ready for this next Wednesday when we have another technical presentation to prepare us for actual testing of our rocket nozzles.

This week, I wrote another fun story about Hanuman. I am discovering more and more, that he is really easy for me to write about. He is a very personable character, and has a lot of potential for so many different stories.

I also got to read a different version of the Ramayana, and I do believe it was better, although I did not at all like the ending. While the treatment of Sita may have been pretty common when the Ramayana was written, it doesn't come into a modern setting very well. Cultural and social opinions have changed, and are different in this part of the world, which is probably why it doesn't sit so well for most American audiences. I might look around and see if there is another version that provides a better ending, more in line with what I think Rama would actually do.

For next week, I have a lot of things I need to accomplish. I do not think I'll get to the bulk of this class's stuff until Sunday again, but that hasn't really held me back yet, so here's to hoping all will go well again.

In other news, here is my weekly thing from space. This week I decided to do a throwback to the New Horizons satellite and the images it captured of Pluto.

Image result for pluto
Pluto


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts