Famous Last Words: Icy Engineers



This week was really great. We had the first, second, and third snow-days of my college career at OU this last week. I transferred in to the college after the last one happened a couple years ago, so this was a nice surprise. 

The bummer was that this last week was also Engineers' Week, meaning a lot of events got cancelled. That's okay though, I still got to decorate the engineering quad with some cool people and we got to go to the fluid dynamics lab on Friday. It is the best time of year to be an engineer, and there is just a wonderful sense of community at every event that goes on.

The snows days helped me get a little ahead in some of my classes, but more importantly, I was finally able to catch my breath. It seems like I have been going nonstop since the semester started, so this was a more than welcome break for me.

In other news this week, I got to try out the alternative to the story telling assignment. The story planning is interesting to do, because it allows me to kind of plan a little better how I will lay out my schedule for the week. Even though I planned a story, it doesn’t mean I have to ever write it. I may find something in this next week’s readings that I like much better, and just keep this plan on reserve. Either way works for me, really.


To conclude this week, NASA did a thing! They were able to fire up their Space Launch System’s engines far past what has been previously done. This is a very interesting development, considering those engines were used to put the space shuttle up. That means they’re rather antiquated now, but impressive nonetheless.

SLS Firing

Comments

  1. Wow isn't it amazing how on campus we get wrapped up in our own circles and have no idea what college means to someone else? I had no idea there was an Engineers Week with events and such a sense of community! I wish there was some sort of equivalent for non-engineering majors. That's great you took the snow days to get ahead in classes, I can't say the same for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts