Wikipedia Trail: From Saraswati to the Kurukshtra War



So I had seen somewhere mention of a goddess, Saraswati, who is the goddess of all knowledge. In reading about her, I saw the word Dharma, which has been continuously popping up in this class, and I decided to finally read on a little about it. Dharma is essentially a bunch of different behaviors that make the universe possible. It seems to be a pretty abstract concept. But reading through its page, I came to Yudhishthira, who is the son of some god and goddess, but more importantly to me, he took part in the Kurukshetra War. This is also know as the Mahabharata, so I got a little taste of what is to come in our next book. It sounds like a power struggle between two factions for the throne.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts