Learning Challenge: Deskercises

So this week, I've been in the computer chair a lot and decided to do the deskercise challenge. Being a self conscious person, I really liked the article here, which is specifically non-embarrassing yoga.

From this, I will definitely be using the open chest stretch very frequently, as the muscles in my chest tend to get really tight, and this seems to help a lot.

Interestingly, the reverse prayer pose was also very calming, and I am not at all opposed to using it some more. The deep breaths provide a nice reminder to relax a little and not stress so much.

Exercising Office Worker with Dumbbell
Classy

Comments

  1. The open stretch is certainly a good one, because it is easy in the position we commonly are in on our computers to cramp the muscles there, and actually can lead to deformed or bent ribs over a long period. I am very curious to hear how this challenge works out for you, I use a exercise ball as my desk chair about half the time in order to promote posture and core strength, and am always looking for more ways to make the time I spend on work be spent more healthily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phrase "deskercise" makes me imagine a room full of animate office desks rhythmically swaying to the beat of nu-jazz. I love it! These are great stretches, and wow do I spend a lot of time at my desk. Thank you for sharing this!

    I also got a great chuckle out of the phrase "non-embarrassing yoga." I think my boyfriend is secretly convinced that his manliness will automatically start deteriorating should he ever agree to join me in a tree pose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts