Growth Mindset: Beyond School



In my own life, I apply growth mindset best in a hands on setting. The more I make mistakes while physically doing something, the faster I learn. This can most easily be seen when I'm working in the machine shop learning a new tool, or how to work with a different material. Any time that I can physically put my hands on something and just work with it until I know it, I learn better from my mistakes.

As far as school goes, this is pretty difficult to do with my math heavy coursework. I can't just reach out and pick up an equation in the same way I do with a bar of metal. Instead, I try to imagine the situations where equations can be applied to physical objects that I understand, such as support beams and machinery.

Image result for learn by doing meme
(link)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts