Famous Last Words: A little Rusty



This week has been pretty crazy for me. I ended up doing a lot of machining for my capstone class and subsequently getting a tetanus shot after standing up into a piece of metal. Yay rusty steel. Luckily, there wasn't really a serious injury, just another scar to brag about my clumsiness. On the bright side, I managed to get our test stand completely welded and we machined a mount for rocket nozzles to attach to, just in time for a progress update.

But overall, it has been the most productive week of my semester so far. I've gotten so many things done it is almost ridiculous. I was able to manage my time a little better this week than last, and it really payed off. I even wrote my best story so far. I mean, I liked it enough to put it into my portfolio project, even if the ending kind of tapered off a bit. Hopefully next week I might be able to go back and see if I can change it a little bit. I took the story of Hanuman burning Lanka to the ground after being captured, and made it a little more engaging. I also ended up looking at a map of Sri Lanka and India, and see the "bridge" that the tales might be alluding to. It is a series of islands that all but connect Sri Lanka to the mainland, and it's really kind of cool. Maybe someday, I can go see that in person.

 As always, this is where I like to post my rocket and robot pictures, so here's the biggest event of the year so far: Falcon Heavy. This rocket is pretty huge news for the aerospace community and I cannot explain it nearly well enough, so here is a helpful link that does it justice. Link

Rocketry at its Finest



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts