Famous Last Words: CIA Visit


This seems to have been a very weird week for me. Quite a lot of anxiety, but also some really exciting things.  To start off, I finally got word back from my insurance that my car was totaled from a little incident in the rain, so that has been quite the bit of stress. But I also got the opportunity to talk with some representatives from the CIA who came looking to find new engineers to come work at the agency. We got to do a mission simulation with them and then learned about what it would be like to work for them. Honestly, I can very easily picture myself working there and enjoying every second of it for my entire career.
Image result for cia logo
CIA
This week has been very easy for this class, since it has all been free passes and reviews. It was a welcome break and helped me get all my other stuff back on track for other courses. Plus, I had time  to finish up the analysis for a wing project for my aerospace structures class. My teammates have just finished building what we designed, so we get to do destructive testing on next Wednesday.
For this next week, I have a lot to do for that same class. On Monday, we have a test on torsional forces. Wednesday is when we are doing the tests of the wings built by the class to see if we designed them correctly. And finally, Thursday is when we have the technical reports for the project due. This is the main contributor to all the anxiety I am feeling, even though I know the analysis I have done is correct, there is always the chance something could go wrong. Planes are hard. Oh, and I also have another midterm on Monday for a different class less than ten minutes after the first test ends, so yeah. Everything’s fine.

Comments

  1. Thats really cool that you got to meet with and do a little project with the CIA. That would be a really cool place to work. It is always nice to have breather week to catch up on things. I bet your destructive testing will be fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geoff, that CIA simulation was very fun last week for engineers, I thought it gave an interesting insight into careers in engineering outside of the standard areas, using our expertise to provide analysis and insight into other problems. I hope that this spring break week has been as stress free for you as the free pass week, and offered you the opportunity to get all you have wanted to done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts