Famous Last Words: Spring Break


This spring break has been pretty crazy. Unlike most people, I didn't actually get a break. Instead, I was doing a bunch of work for my capstone and getting our lab set up. I also spent 2 days just trying to find myself a new car. But you know what? I got one, and I am pretty happy with it. Needs some TLC, but nothing too extreme. As far as my lab goes, everything is looking really good and we are doing the last few things today. We got a bunch of parts machined this week and ran a bunch of wires between our control boxes and our test equipment. I can't wait to start on our actual tests. In the picture, you cant see our test equipment, but you can see a big green thing; that's a pretty neat wind tunnel. Our rocket testing stuff is going on the far side of that.

Testing lights in our lab
(Personal Photo)

I also finally got to do some editing on my Abyssal Struggle story. I have been waiting to do this for what seems like forever, and it felt good to finally get around to it. I am really partial to this story, and I think it came out pretty well. I am no entirely sure what kind of edits I will make on the second round of revisions, but only time will tell.

For this next week, I will be finishing this course. I was supposed to get to that this week, but too much needed to happen for capstone for me to find the extra time for this class. That's okay, after doing both week 10 readings and my final project revision, I'll have enough points for an A. All of that will have to wait until after Monday though, as I have to do a functionality test for my capstone project to prove that we are on track for testing to occur soon.

Oh and most exciting of all for this next week, I finally got an interview with a company. It is just a phone interview, but it’s a start. The company is Millennium Space Systems, and they build satellites. That’s exactly the field I want to get into, so here’s to hoping that all goes well.


Comments

  1. Geoff, I just happened to see this post go by and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on the satellites interview. That sounds fabulous: I will be thinking good thoughts for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geoff, Congrats on your interview, I hope it goes well! Also congrats on your successful car hunt. It is not always an easy task finding a car. Your capstone project seems really cool, I hope that goes well too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts