Famous Last Words: Job Search

With the end of my college career rapidly approaching, I have been feeling the pressure of not having a definite job even more than normal this week. On the bright side, I've been talking with some friends who recently graduated and they said they will poke around at the places they work and see if they can't get me an in somewhere. Here's to hoping!

In other news, my capstone project is finally progressing again, and it looks like the worst of a sudden bureaucracy storm is past now. With that in the rear view mirror, I have been busying myself with soldering and wiring diagrams, trying to get our circuit work done as quick as possible so we can start testing these rocket nozzles. Here is a plot we generated of the predicted Mach numbers from one of our nozzles when we run air through it.

Mach Number (Half View of Nozzle: Personal Photo)

I also got to add my favorite story to my portfolio this week. It is the one I wrote about Hanuman crossing the land bridge to Lanka. On his way, he gets chased by and ends up fighting a sea demon. I had a lot of fun writing that story and I am pretty happy I finally get to showcase it.

For this next week, I have a test in my most difficult class: Aerospace Structures. This means my submissions are probably going to be delayed a little, and I won't have much time for anything extra until after the test. This actually sucks a lot and makes an already busy week even busier. I am pretty confident that I can manage it and I hope to do much better on this test than I did on our last one, where I only got an average score.

Comments

  1. Hey Geoff! I feel that pressure man. I wish I had someone poking around for me; it seems all I've got are my parents. Lol that CFD isn't nearly as exciting now that we have some schlieren! Also, I got to read your last story on your project; I definitely think it was your best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Rocket Scientist

Week 2 Story: The Alpaca and the Beasts